Friday 5 October 2012

ZAMBIA - September 2012

A weekend in Zambia (27/09 - 01/10)
 
 
 
The picture above pretty much explains how my dad and I feel - that's why we went on another sneaky little trip up to the Zambezi River again.
 
I always have such a magical time when I'm there and this time was no different. In fact, I had even more adventures this time from attending an art expo to going on a game drive. I hope you enjoy the photos as they are a little piece of Zambia I get to take home with me each time.
 
 

 
The photos above are just a few from a wildlife art expo that I unexpectedly attended while spending one night in Lusaka before heading down to the Zambezi River the next day. A lot of the paintings, including some by the talented David Shepherd, were to be auctioned off at the ball that was happening on the weekend. There was also art work by school kids on display, I was so happy to see that they kids are fighting for their planet and on a 'green' thinking level. You could also make donations to the Elephant Orphanage Project were they rescue and rehabilitate orphaned elephants.
 



 
It's so incredible being able to be so close to these majestic animals - what a blessing!
 
 




 
A few snapshots of the beauty of Zambia and what you will find
 


 
My dad and a friend who lives in Zambia, Mick, surprised me with a stay at Kasaka River Lodge on the Saturday night! So while they were out fishing I decided to go on a game drive - its not everyday you get to say you went on a game drive in the Lower Zambezi National Park! I didnt see much game (saw more while on the river) but I did drive past my dad and Mick while they were fishing haha.
 


 
 
Whenever I travel down to the river, I always have a 'check list' of what I want to see - last time it was crocodiles and boy-oh-boy did I see many (click here for my post about my previous trip) but this time I was determined to see lions. When I didnt get to see any on my game drive I had given up hope but the next day we spotted 6 young males right on the bank on the river - how amaing!!!
 



 
Apart from being on the magificent Zambezi River or being surrounded by the most beautiful wildlife, Zambia is a special place because its all about being with the most amazing people who put the biggest smiles on your face - "a bad day fishing is better than a good day of work".
 
Well I hope you guys enjoyed this post as I shared my Zambian experience - hmmm maybe I can pull another little sneaky weekend soon *hint hint Dad ;)*
 
I would love to hear your thoughts! Comment below or tweet me
 
xXx
The Glam Green Girl
 
 


Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always great to hear from you. ♥

3 comments:

  1. So stunning !! I would love to visit Zambia !!! Beautiful photos and what an experience !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, If you are a friend of Jamie you are a friend of mine! I live at Natural Mystic Lodge on the Zambezi River in Livingstone. You are welcome to come and visit us anytime as well! www.naturalmysticlodge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, wow thanks for such a great response! do you prehaps have an email address I can contact you on? The Glam Green Girl xXx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...